School History

Goldenbridge national school was founded in 1875 by the Mercy sisters. Our school looked quite a lot different then. There was a building called St. Brigids(where prefabs are), St. Josephs(where the youth club is, and St. Patricks(where the houses on Emmet Crescent is ). The Mercy sisters handed over the school to the diocese and Our Lady of Lourdes NS was built and opened in 1973. Boys only attended out school for the two infant classes and then they went over to St. Michaels school (Richmond barracks). We started to take boys in our school when St. Michaels cbs closed in mid 00’s

Home Economics class in St. Brigids building

Image 1 of 8